prints, phone cases and other jazz available on my society6! http://society6.com/LouisRoskosch/lumbearjack_Print
a lot of people have been asking about my process, is my work digital or how much of it is digital, ect. so i thought it might be fun to make a little tutorial to explain it.
firstly, i sketch the idea, or do thumbnails in my sketchbook using (i think they are called colerase?) blue pencils. blue pencils are the boss of all pencils. ive also got a sweet pencil holder thingy that can extend the pencils lifespan by quite a bit. its big pimping.
1. i do the sketch digitally now. a light colour on a dark BG works best for me, i dont know why, it just does the job.
2. on a new layer in one colour, i draw the characters shape over the outline and fill in. so its like a silloute.
3. following the sketch beneath, i draw in the different parts and colour each a different colour, colours dont matter at this point so i just use whatever is the quickest. its just to seperate stuff for now.
4. on a new layer, draw the line work.
5. do the colours.
6. on a layer above the colours i do the shadows / highlights. with kind of texturey brush. then tweak the colour layer/ shadow layer so it looks good.
i’ve uploaded my brushes to as a tool set as a few people have been asking! http://ge.tt/2eHQgLe/v/0
Anonymous asked: What's your work process like? Do you draw things entirely in Photoshop, or do you do traditional work first? Also, do you use Illustrator at all?
its all digital now, i used to really draw stuff then colour it digitally. but now i just sketch in my sketchbook, the rest is digital. maybe i will put up a tutorial thingy to show my process, as i get this question quite often.
Anonymous asked: What kind of brushes you using? They look really cool and adorable and your artworks too
hard to explain, just what i found worked good after fiddling around with the photoshop brush options for literally hours. i could put up a download if anyone was really interested.
the tale of rotting coat man.
this was inspired by my days working in a shop, some 4 or 5 years ago. this really funny old guy came in one time looking for grapefruits, he wasnt mental or anything. but he couldnt find, and he had no idea what a grapefruit looked like. then he proceeded to buy about 30 of them. me and a work mate made up a silly story about him and i proclaimed that one day i shall draw it.. finally i have!
to the bat mobile!
i’ve submitted this as a design to threadless, if you have an account please give me a vote! http://www.threadless.com/threadless/to-the-batmobile-2/
i drew my namesake.
Anonymous asked: i love the bears you draw but i would like to see you draw a panda for once...
haha, good suggestion
more banjo kazooie
Anonymous asked: do you do commissions?
totally missed this one, sorry, yep.
some tests i did in photoshop to try out new brushes, as i lost my old ones when my laptop recently died. from my instagram @louisros
Anonymous asked: I want to put your banjo kazooie on a shirt. Not for retail use just for myself. I figure I should ask if that is okay.
u wanna make a shirt using that low res image?